References for Theme: Capitalism
- Appel, Hannah
- Attas, Daniel; De-Shalit, Avner
- Austrin, Terry; West, Jackie
- Baldwin, Carliss Y; Woodard, C Jason
- Barry, John
The Politics of Actually Existing Unsustainability: Human Flourishing in a Climate-Changed, Carbon Constrained World
- Bello, Walden
Deglobalization: Ideas for a New World Economy
Capitalism's Last Stand?: Deglobalization in the Age of Austerity
- Berardi, Franco
- Bezanson, Kate; Luxton, Meg
Social Reproduction: Feminist Political Economy Challenges Neo-Liberalism
"Social reproduction, when valued by the market, is gendered, often racialized, and poorly remunerated. Where states no longer provided support and where purchasing services on the market was not feasible, the burden of providing additional care and work fell onto families, especially women. In Ontario under the Conservatives (1995-2003), this familializing and individualizing thrust was underlined by a rhetoric about family values and a nostalgic idealization of motherhood and community. As material supports for communities and families were cut, this family ideology blamed families--and mothers in particular--for failing to take responsibility for their members." p. 6
- Boltanski, Luc; Chiapello, Eve
- Boyer, Robert; Freyssenet, Michel
- Brandth, Berit; Haugen, Marit S
- Braverman, Harry
- Burawoy, Michael
- Celentano, Denise
- Chinchilla, Norma S
- Clegg, S; Dunkerley, D
- Deranty, Jean-Philippe
- Doogan, Kevin
- Drèze, Jacques H
- Dyer-Witheford, Nick
Cyber-Marx, Cycles and Circuits of Struggle in High-Technology Capitalism
Cyber-proletariat: Global Labour in the Digital Vortex
- Eichhorst, Werner; Portela Souza, André; Cahuc, Pierre; Demazière, Didier; Fagan, Colette; Guimarães, Nadya Araujo; Fu, Huiyan; Kalleberg, Arne; Manning, Alan; McGinnity, Frances; Rapoport, Hillel; Scranton, Phil; Siegrist, Johannes; Thelen, Kathleen; Valfort, Marie-Anne; Visser, Jelle
- Eisenstein, Zillah R
- Eistenstein, Zillah
- Elson, Diane
- Elster, Jon; Moene, Karl O
- Fischbach, Franck
"Comment le capital capture le temps"
Sans objet: capitalisme, subjectivité, aliénation
La privation de monde: temps, espace et capital
- Fish, Adam; Srinivasan, Ramesh
- Fraser, Nancy
"Feminism, Capitalism, and the Cunning of History"
"Contradictions of Capital and Care"
- Freyssenet, M; Mair, A; Volpato, G; Shimizu, K
- Fuchs, Christian
"Marx’s Capital in the Information Age"
"Appropriation of Digital Machines and Appropriation of Fixed Capital as the Real Appropriation of Social Being: Reflections on Toni Negri’s Chapter"
- Fuchs, Christian; Mosco, Vincent
- Glucksmann, Miriam A
- Gorz, André
Reclaiming Work: Beyond the Wage-based Society
The Immaterial: Knowledge, Value and Capital
- Graeber, David
- Graham, Mark; Hjorth, Isis; Lehdonvirta, Vili
"Digital Labour and Development: Impacts of Global Digital Labour Platforms and the Gig Economy on Worker Livelihoods"
- Grey, C
- Grey, Christopher
- Hochschild, Arlie Russell
The Commercialization of Intimate Life: Notes from Home and Work
The Outsourced Self: Intimate Life In Market Times
- Hoque, Kim; Kirkpatrick, Ian; Lonsdale, Chris; De Ruyter, Alex
"Outsourcing the Procurement of Agency Workers: The Impact of Vendor Managed Services in English Social Care"
- Huws, Ursula
- Ipeirotis, Panagiotis G
- Irani, Lilly
"The Cultural Work of Microwork"
- Jackson, Norman; Carter, Pippa
- Jaeggi, Rahel
- Kaivo-Oja, Jari; Roth, Steffen; Westerlund, Leo
- Keat, R
Cultural Goods and the Limits of the Market
"Practices, Firms and Varieties of Capitalism"
- Kingsley, Sara; Gray, Mary-Louise; Suri, Siddharth
- Kornelakis, Andreas
"Liberalization, Flexibility and Industrial Relations Institutions: Evidence from Italian and Greek Banking"
- Lazzarato, Maurizio
- Lemmens, Pieter
"Social Autonomy and Heteronomy in the Age of ICT: The Digital Pharmakon and the (Dis)Empowerment of the General Intellect"
- McGann, Michael; White, Kevin; Moss, Jeremy
- Mohanty, Chandra Talpade
- Moodie, Megan
- Negri, Antonio; Hardt, Michael
- Padios, Jan M
- Piketty, Thomas
- Poster, Winifred R
- Rainbird, Helen; Ramirez, Paulina
"Bringing Social Institutions into Global Value Chain Analysis: The Case of Salmon Farming in Chile"
- Rethinking Society for the 21st Century: Report of the International Panel on Social Progress
Rethinking Society for the 21st Century: Report of the International Panel on Social Progress
- Ritzer, George
The McDonaldization of Society: An Investigation Into the Changing Character of Contemporary Social Life
- Schiller, Dan
- Schwab, Klaus; Samans, Richard
"The Future of Jobs: Employment, Skills and Workforce Strategy for the Fourth Industrial Revolution"
- Slaughter, Sheila; Rhoades, Gary
- Smith, Nicholas H; Deranty, Jean-Philippe
- Smith, Tony
- Standing, Guy
Work After Globalization: Building Occupational Citizenship
"The Precariat: from Denizens to Citizens?"
The Corruption of Capitalism: Why rentiers thrive and work does not pay
- Streeck, Wolfgang
- Summers, Lawrence H
- Taylor, Frederick Winslow
- Terranova, Tiziana
- Trott, Ben
- Trusson, Clive; Woods, Frankie
"An End to the Job as We Know It: How an I.T. Professional Has Experienced the Uncertainty of It Outsourcing"
- Veen, Alex; Barratt, Tom; Goods, Caleb
"Platform-Capital’s ‘App-etite’for Control: A Labour Process Analysis of Food-Delivery Work in Australia"
- Vercellone, Carlo
"From Formal Subsumption to General Intellect: Elements for a Marxist Reading of the Thesis of Cognitive Capitalism"
- Walmart in the Global South Workplace Culture, Labor Politics, and Supply Chains E
- Walsh, Adrian
- Wax, A L
- Weeks, Kathi
"Life Within and Against Work: Affective Labor, Feminist Critique, and Post-Fordist Politics"
- White, Stuart
- Williams, Colin C
- Wittel, Andreas
- Zuboff, Shoshana
How to contribute.