References for Theme: African History
- Awanyo, Louis
- "Labor, Ecology, and a Failed Agenda of Market Incentives: The Political Ecology of Agrarian Reforms in Ghana" (2001)
The menace presented by the ecology of bushes and weeds makes it imperative that farmers forge and maintain social relationships that are conducive to access to and control over labor for ecologically shaped tasks. Yet farmers have not always met the terms of labor contracts and have been confronted with various forms of resistance that have had implications for production levels. Resistance has often been timed to occur when labor scheduling for optimal production is most critical, especially during the period of weeding. As a result of such resistance, even the wealthier households who are contributing to the state’s growthobjectives have failed to realize their full...
- Berry, Marie E
- Carney, Judith; Watts, Michael
- "Disciplining Women? Rice, Mechanization, and the Evolution of Mandinka Gender Relations in Senegambia" (1991)
- Chalcraft, John T
- Crago, Anna-Louise
- "Bitches Killing the Nation: Analyzing the Violent State-Sponsored Repression of Sex Workers in Zambia, 2004–2008" (2014)
- Hélène, D’almeida-Topor; Monique, Lakroum; Spittler, Gerd
How to contribute.